Area Studies at Vassar Collegearea, ethnic, culture, & gender studies program at Vassar College.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Vassar ranks in comparison to other schools with area studies programs.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Featured Area Studies Programs
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
BA in Anthropology
Explore societal similarities and differences as seen through cultural, biological, archaeological and linguistic lenses when you earn one of your degrees in anthropology from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
Area Studies Degrees Available at Vassar
Vassar Area Studies Rankings
|Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Area Studies||23|
|Best Area Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools||68|
|Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Area Studies||70|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Area Studies||143|
Popularity of Area Studies at Vassar
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 19 bachelor's degrees in area studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #90 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 19% over the previous year when 16 degrees were handed out.
Vassar Area Studies Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the area studies majors at Vassar College.
Vassar Area Studies Bachelor’s Program
The area studies program at Vassar awarded 19 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 42% of these degrees went to men with the other 58% going to women.
The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 58% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in area studies.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||2|
|Hispanic or Latino||11|
Most Popular Majors Related to Area Studies
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >