Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Philosophy at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

Philosophy at Vassar College

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Vassar ranks in comparison to other schools with philosophy programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Philosophy Degrees Available at Vassar

Vassar Philosophy Rankings

The bachelor's program at Vassar was ranked #50 on College Factual's Best Schools for philosophy list. It is also ranked #5 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Philosophy Bachelor’s Degree Schools 51
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Philosophy 80
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Philosophy 167
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Philosophy 225

Popularity of Philosophy at Vassar

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 11 bachelor's degrees in philosophy. Due to this, the school was ranked #252 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 21% over the previous year when 14 degrees were handed out.

Philosophy Student Diversity at Vassar

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the philosophy majors at Vassar College.

Vassar Philosophy Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 11 students earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy from Vassar. About 27% of these graduates were women and the other 73% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Vassar are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 64% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in philosophy.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 0

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You