Film, Video & Photographic Arts at Vassar Collegevisual & performing arts program at Vassar College.
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Vassar ranks in comparison to other schools with film programs.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Featured Film, Video & Photographic Arts Programs
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
AA in Digital Photography
Take the first step toward a career of visual expression and doing what you love with this online associate degree from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
BA in Digital Photography
Learn to create a striking portfolio and hone the skills you need to succeed in the world of professional photography with this online digital photography degree from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
Film, Video & Photographic Arts Degrees Available at Vassar
Vassar Film Rankings
In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for film majors, Vassar came in at #12. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #3 in New York.
Popularity of Film at Vassar
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 19 bachelor's degrees in film, video and photographic arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #169 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 24% over the previous year when 25 degrees were handed out.
How Much Do Film Graduates from Vassar Make?
Salary of Film Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Film majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Vassar go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $30,700 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $22,250 for all film bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Film Graduates from Vassar Have?
Student Debt of Film Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Vassar, film students borrow a median amount of $19,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all film bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the film program at Vassar is $197 per month.
Film Student Diversity at Vassar
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the film majors at Vassar College.
Vassar Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Program
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 19 students earned a bachelor's degree in film from Vassar. About 42% of these graduates were women and the other 58% were men.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Vassar are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 58% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in film.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||7|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Drama & Theater Arts||32|
|Fine & Studio Arts||17|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >