2022 Best Arabic Language & Literature Master's Degree Schools
For its 2022 ranking, College Factual looked at 3 schools in the United States to determine which ones were the best for Arabic language and literature students pursuing a master's degree. When you put them all together, these colleges and universities awarded 28 master's degrees in Arabic language and literature during the 2019-2020 academic year.
What's on this page:
Choosing a Great Arabic Language & Literature School for Your Master's Degree
Your choice of Arabic language and literature for getting your master's degree school matters. Important measures of a quality Arabic language and literature program can vary widely even among the top schools. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Overall Quality Is a Must
The overall quality of a master's degree school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we consider a college's overall Best Colleges for a Master's Degree ranking which itself looks at a combination of various factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Over 80% of the schools in this list are in the top 28% of our overall quality ranking while the lowest ranked school on the list is still in the top 31%.
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Arabic language and literature students vs. other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of Arabic language and literature students who choose to seek a master's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized Arabic language and literature related body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Arabic language and literature students working on their master's degree.
One Size Does Not Fit All
The Arabic language and literature school you choose to invest your time and money in matters. To help you make the decision that is right for you, we've developed a number of major-specific rankings, including this list of the Best Arabic Language & Literature Master's Degree Schools.
Best Schools for Master’s Students to Study Arabic Language & Literature in the United States
Top Schools for a Master's in Arabic Language and Literature
Middlebury College is a good decision for students pursuing a master's degree in Arabic language and literature. Middlebury is a small private not-for-profit college located in the town of Middlebury. A Best Master's Degree Schools rank of #22 out of 1,305 colleges nationwide means Middlebury is a great college overall.
There were about 4 Arabic language and literature individuals who graduated with this degree at Middlebury in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in Arabic language and literature from Middlebury College
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor is one of the finest schools in the country for getting a master's degree in Arabic language and literature. Located in the medium-sized city of Ann Arbor, U-M is a public university with a very large student population. This university ranks 1st out of 29 colleges for overall master's degree quality in the state of Michigan.
There were about 6 Arabic language and literature students who graduated with this degree at U-M in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in Arabic language and literature from University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
It's hard to beat DePaul University if you wish to pursue a master's degree in Arabic language and literature. DePaul is a very large private not-for-profit university located in the city of Chicago. This university ranks 16th out of 44 colleges for overall master's degree quality in the state of Illinois.
There were about 1 Arabic language and literature individuals who graduated with this degree at DePaul in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in Arabic language and literature from DePaul University
Arabic Language & Literature by Region
View the Best Arabic Language & Literature Master's Degree Schools for a specific region near you.
|Far Western US|
Arabic Language & Literature Related Rankings by Major
Arabic Language & Literature is one of 4 different types of Middle Eastern Semitic Languages programs to choose from.
Most Popular Related Majors
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Nabaten. More about our data sources and methodologies.