Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Northern State University

Find Schools Near

Education at Northern State University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how NSU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in education.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at NSU

NSU Education Rankings

The bachelor's program at NSU was ranked #452 on College Factual's Best Schools for education list. It is also ranked #6 in South Dakota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Education 25
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Education 44
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Education 153
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Education 159
Best Education Bachelor’s Degree Schools 302
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Education 396
Best Education Master’s Degree Schools 443
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Education 623

Popularity of Education at NSU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Northern State University handed out 59 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #598 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 16% over the previous year when 70 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 65 students received their master’s degree in education from NSU. This makes it the #556 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

NSU Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Northern State University.

NSU Education Bachelor’s Program

The education program at NSU awarded 59 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 15% of these degrees went to men with the other 85% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern State University with a bachelor's in education.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 59
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

NSU Education Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 50 students earned a master's degree in education from NSU. About 74% of these graduates were women and the other 26% were men.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at NSU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 88% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern State University with a master's in education.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 44
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 1

Education Majors

Education students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 28
Teacher Education Subject Specific 27
Curriculum & Instruction 20
Student Counseling 14
Special Education 12
Educational Administration 8

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 10
Social Sciences 8
History 4

View All Education Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You