2022 Best Language Translation Master's Degree Schools in the Great Lakes Region
In 2022, College Factual analyzed 3 schools in order to identify the top ones for its Best Language Translation Master's Degree Schools in the Great Lakes Region ranking. Combined, these schools handed out 32 master's degrees in language translation to qualified students.
Jump to one of the following sections:
Choosing a Great Language Translation School for Your Master's Degree
Your choice of language translation for getting your master's degree school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list, a school must excel in the following areas.
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major and degree level must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges for a Master's Degree ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
The vast majority of the colleges on this list are in at least the top 73% of our overall quality ranking.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to language translation students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - How many other language translation students want to attend this school to pursue a master's degree.
- Educational Resources - The amount of money and other resources allocated to students while they are pursuing their degree. These resources include such things as number of students per instructor and education expenditures per student.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized language translation related body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for language translation students working on their master's degree.
One Size Does Not Fit All
The language translation school you choose to invest your time and money in matters. To help you make the decision that is right for you, we've developed a number of major-specific rankings, including this list of the Best Language Translation Master's Degree Schools in the Great Lakes Region.
Best Schools for Master’s Students to Study Language Translation in the Great Lakes Region
Top Great Lakes Region Schools for a Master's in Language Translation
It's hard to beat University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign if you want to pursue a master's degree in language translation. Located in the city of Champaign, UIUC is a public university with a very large student population. A Best Master's Degree Schools rank of #44 out of 1,305 schools nationwide means UIUC is a great university overall.
There were roughly 12 language translation students who graduated with this degree at UIUC in the most recent data year.More information about a master’s in language translation from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee is one of the best schools in the country for getting a master's degree in language translation. Located in the city of Milwaukee, UWM is a public university with a fairly large student population. This university ranks 19th out of 31 schools for overall master's degree quality in the state of Wisconsin.
There were approximately 4 language translation students who graduated with this degree at UWM in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in language translation from University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Any student pursuing a degree in a master's degree in language translation needs to take a look at Kent State University at Kent. Kent State is a very large public university located in the large suburb of Kent. This university ranks 31st out of 50 schools for overall master's degree quality in the state of Ohio.
There were approximately 16 language translation students who graduated with this degree at Kent State in the most recent data year.More information about a master’s in language translation from Kent State University at Kent
Best Language Translation Colleges by State
Explore the best language translation colleges for a specific state in the Great Lakes Region .
Language Translation Related Rankings by Major
One of 5 majors within the Linguistics & Comparative Literature area of study, Language Translation has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Language Translation
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Other Linguistic, Comparative, & Related Language Studies & Services||4|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Pandit Rahul Sanskrutayan, Banshidhar Mohanty. More about our data sources and methodologies.