2023 Best Linguistics Master's Degree Schools in the Southwest Region
College Factual reviewed 6 schools in the Southwest Region to determine which ones were the best for master's degree seekers in the field of linguistics. Combined, these schools handed out 40 master's degrees in linguistics to qualified students.
What's on this page: * Our Methodology
Choosing a Great Linguistics School for Your Master's Degree
Your choice of linguistics for getting your master's degree school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Overall Quality Is a Must
The overall quality of a master's degree school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we consider a college's overall Best Colleges for a Master's Degree ranking which itself looks at a combination of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to linguistics students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of linguistics students who choose to seek a master's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized linguistics related body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for linguistics students working on their master's degree.
More Ways to Rank Linguistics Schools
Since picking the right college can be one of the most important decisions of your life, we've developed the Best Linguistics Master's Degree Schools in the Southwest Region ranking, along with many other major-related rankings, to help you make that decision.
Best Schools for Master’s Students to Study Linguistics in the Southwest Region
Top Southwest Region Schools for a Master's in Linguistics
The University of Texas at Austin is one of the best schools in the country for getting a master's degree in linguistics. UT Austin is a fairly large public university located in the city of Austin.More information about a master’s in linguistics from The University of Texas at Austin
Arizona State University - Tempe is one of the finest schools in the country for getting a master's degree in linguistics. Located in the city of Tempe, ASU - Tempe is a public university with a fairly large student population.More information about a master’s in linguistics from Arizona State University - Tempe
University of Arizona is one of the best schools in the country for getting a master's degree in linguistics. University of Arizona is a fairly large public university located in the city of Tucson.More information about a master’s in linguistics from University of Arizona
It's hard to beat The University of Texas at Arlington if you wish to pursue a master's degree in linguistics. UT Arlington is a very large public university located in the city of Arlington.More information about a master’s in linguistics from The University of Texas at Arlington
Located in the large city of Albuquerque, UNM is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a master’s in linguistics from University of New Mexico - Main Campus
UNT is a fairly large public university located in the midsize city of Denton.More information about a master’s in linguistics from University of North Texas
Best Linguistics Colleges by State
Explore the best linguistics colleges for a specific state in the Southwest Region .
Linguistics Related Rankings by Major
Linguistics is one of 5 different types of Linguistics & Comparative Literature programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Linguistics
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Pandit Rahul Sanskrutayan, Banshidhar Mohanty. More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Foreign Language Schools
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >