2023 Best Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region
In 2023, College Factual analyzed 5 schools in order to identify the top ones for its Best Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region ranking. When you put them all together, these colleges and universities awarded 152 bachelor's degrees in linguistics during the 2020-2021 academic year.
What's on this page: * Our Methodology
Choosing a Great Linguistics School for Your Bachelor's Degree
The linguistics bachelor's degree program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list, a school must excel in the following areas.
A Great Overall School
The overall quality of a bachelor's degree school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we consider a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a collection of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to linguistics students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of linguistics students who choose to seek a bachelor's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized linguistics related body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for linguistics students working on their bachelor's degree.
More Ways to Rank Linguistics Schools
Since picking the right college can be one of the most important decisions of your life, we've developed the Best Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region ranking, along with many other major-related rankings, to help you make that decision.
In addition to our rankings, you can take two colleges and compare them based on the criteria that matters most to you in our unique tool, College Combat. Test it out when you get a chance! You may also want to bookmark the link and share it with others who are trying to make the college decision.
Best Schools for Bachelor’s Students to Study Linguistics in the Plains States Region
Top Plains States Region Schools for a Bachelor's in Linguistics
University of Missouri - Columbia is one of the finest schools in the United States for getting a bachelor's degree in linguistics. Located in the midsize city of Columbia, Mizzou is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from University of Missouri - Columbia
It is difficult to beat University of Iowa if you wish to pursue a bachelor's degree in linguistics. Located in the city of Iowa City, Iowa is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from University of Iowa
Any student who is interested in a bachelor's degree in linguistics needs to look into University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. UMN Twin Cities is a very large public university located in the large city of Minneapolis.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
It's hard to beat Iowa State University if you wish to pursue a bachelor's degree in linguistics. Iowa State is a fairly large public university located in the small city of Ames.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from Iowa State University
Located in the small city of Lawrence, KU is a public university with a fairly large student population.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from University of Kansas
Best Linguistics Colleges by State
Explore the best linguistics colleges for a specific state in the Plains States Region .
Linguistics Related Rankings by Major
Linguistics is one of 5 different types of Linguistics & Comparative Literature programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Linguistics
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Pandit Rahul Sanskrutayan, Banshidhar Mohanty. More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Foreign Language Schools
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >