2023 Best Chinese Language & Literature Doctor's Degree Schools
In 2023, College Factual analyzed 2 schools in order to identify the top ones for its Best Chinese Language & Literature Doctor's Degree Schools ranking. When you put them all together, these colleges and universities awarded 8 doctor's degrees in Chinese language and literature during the 2020-2021 academic year.
What's on this page: * Our Methodology
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to Chinese language and literature students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of Chinese language and literature students who choose to seek a doctor's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized Chinese language and literature related body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Chinese language and literature students working on their doctor's degree.
One Size Does Not Fit All
The Chinese language school you choose to invest your time and money in matters. To help you make the decision that is right for you, we've developed a number of major-specific rankings, including this list of the Best Chinese Language & Literature Doctor's Degree Schools.
Best Schools for Doctorate Students to Study Chinese Language & Literature in the United States
Top Schools for a Doctorate in Chinese Language
Any student who is interested in a doctor's degree in Chinese language and literature has to take a look at University of California - Berkeley. Located in the midsize city of Berkeley, UC Berkeley is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a doctorate in Chinese language and literature from University of California - Berkeley
Any student pursuing a degree in a doctor's degree in Chinese language and literature has to look into Indiana University - Bloomington. Located in the small city of Bloomington, IU Bloomington is a public university with a fairly large student population.More information about a doctorate in Chinese language and literature from Indiana University - Bloomington
Chinese Language & Literature by Region
View the Best Chinese Language & Literature Doctor's Degree Schools for a specific region near you.
|Far Western US|
Rankings in Majors Related to Chinese Language
One of 4 majors within the East Asian Languages area of study, Chinese Language & Literature has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|East Asian Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, General||32|
|Other East Asian Languages||13|
|Japanese Language & Literature||3|
|Korean Language & Literature||1|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Betoseha. More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Foreign Language Schools
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >