2023 Best Other East Asian Languages Doctor's Degree Schools
College Factual looked at 5 colleges and universities when compiling its 2023 Best Other East Asian Languages Doctor's Degree Schools ranking. When you put them all together, these colleges and universities awarded 13 doctor's degrees in other East Asian languages during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Jump to one of the following sections: * Our Methodology
Choosing a Great Other East Asian Languages School for Your Doctor's Degree
Your choice of other East Asian languages for getting your doctor's degree school matters. Important measures of a quality other East Asian languages program can vary widely even among the top schools. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Overall Quality Is a Must
The overall quality of a doctor's degree school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges for a Doctor's Degree ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to other East Asian languages students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - How many other other East Asian languages students want to attend this school to pursue a doctor's degree.
- Educational Resources - The amount of money and other resources allocated to students while they are pursuing their degree. These resources include such things as number of students per instructor and education expenditures per student.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized other East Asian languages related body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for other East Asian languages students working on their doctor's degree.
One Size Does Not Fit All
Since the program you select can have a significant impact on your future, we've developed a number of rankings, including this Best Other East Asian Languages Doctor's Degree Schools list, to help you choose the best school for you.
Best Schools for Doctorate Students to Study Other East Asian Languages in the United States
Top Schools for a Doctorate in Other East Asian Languages
University of California - Los Angeles is a good decision for students interested in a doctor's degree in other East Asian languages. Located in the large city of Los Angeles, UCLA is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a doctorate in other East Asian languages from University of California - Los Angeles
University of Chicago is one of the finest schools in the United States for getting a doctor's degree in other East Asian languages. Located in the city of Chicago, UChicago is a private not-for-profit university with a fairly large student population.More information about a doctorate in other East Asian languages from University of Chicago
Ohio State University - Main Campus is a wonderful option for students pursuing a doctor's degree in other East Asian languages. Ohio State is a very large public university located in the city of Columbus.More information about a doctorate in other East Asian languages from Ohio State University - Main Campus
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor is one of the finest schools in the United States for getting a doctor's degree in other East Asian languages. U-M is a fairly large public university located in the midsize city of Ann Arbor.More information about a doctorate in other East Asian languages from University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Located in the city of Minneapolis, UMN Twin Cities is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a doctorate in other East Asian languages from University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Other East Asian Languages by Region
View the Best Other East Asian Languages Doctor's Degree Schools for a specific region near you.
|Far Western US|
Rankings in Majors Related to Other East Asian Languages
One of 4 majors within the East Asian Languages area of study, Other East Asian Languages has other similar majors worth exploring.
Majors Similar to Other East Asian Languages
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|East Asian Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, General||32|
|Chinese Language & Literature||8|
|Japanese Language & Literature||3|
|Korean Language & Literature||1|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Betoseha. More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Foreign Language Schools
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >